Yahoo became the web’s first truly great company, and in this episode, we examine why. Turning to advertising as a business model, Yahoo was among the first to find a way for the Internet to generate real money. In addition, we look back at the “portal wars” as Yahoo, Excite, AltaVista, et al, competed to become all things to all internet people, and in the process, helped set off the dot com mania.
Listen Right Here On Web
Listen on iTunes
- Bronson, Po; The Nudist on the Late Shift: And Other True Tales of Silicon Valley
- Yang, Jerry; Filo, David; Yahoo! Unplugged: Your Discovery Guide to the Web
- Reid, Robert H.; Architects of the Web: 1,000 Days that Built the Future of Business
- Kaplan, Philip J.; F’d Companies: Spectacular Dot-com Flameouts
- Angel, Karen; Inside Yahoo!: Reinvention and the Road Ahead